Saturday, November 26, 2016

Blood, Screaming, and a Rush to Basketball Camp.

For those of you who also have homes with temporary (or longer) insanity...I will tell you about my morning as a reminder that you are not alone!

My husband once again left to hunt this morning. Thankfully someone texted last night reminding me about Superman's Basketball Camp this morning or I would have forgotten to take him. My husband left at 5 and when I woke up to sun I was pleasantly surprised that I actually got to sleep until the sun was up! I got up, got breakfast for the Middles, and did my 30 minute work out. I separated the girls in their own rooms and rushed to the shower. Beautiful had texted me and I told her that I was in a rush and would talk to her later. JJ had woke up by then so Superman watched him while getting ready for Basketball Camp. JJ refused to go with to the school to drop him off so I was going to leave him with Buddy, who was still sleeping (I was going to alert him to JJ's presence but quite honesty, despite my prior posts about the shenanigans he gets into, it is far safer to leave him home with Buddy semi-awake than it is to leave either of the girls home.  Just saying).

After I got out of the shower I told the girls to quickly get their shoes on and get to the car. I had 3 minutes before I had to leave. I quickly readied and then Superman came running that Grace was bleeding all over and I had to come right away (have I mentioned before the shear number of accidents that ADHD kids get into?). During that time JJ was screaming that Superman wasn't getting the legos out for him. I ran upstairs, assessed the blood, knew that I was not going to be able to get to BB camp on time if I stopped to clean up the blood. I ran to Buddy's room, threw open the door, and said, "I am sorry to wake you up like this but I need you now."  Buddy came right away and I gave him two options, "blood" or "take Superman to BB Camp." Buddy choose blood (he has yet to drive his car by himself - he is a hermit;) I gave him band aids and a damp paper towel and ran to the car.

During this time JJ was still screaming "HELP ME!!" Over and over. Repeatedly. I had pulled out the legos on my run back from Buddy's room but apparently he wanted something else. I told him he would have to wait for Buddy to get done to help him. He chased me out to the car, but his hands on the car, and followed me while screaming while I was slowly reversing telling him that Buddy would help him. He would not stop (he has been very clingy the past week screaming when I have to go to work. It is like he was a year ago and before...yet he refused to come with lol!). I told him that if he did not go back into the house right away he would have to get in the car and go with me. He wouldn't go back into the house or get in the car so I got out, picked him up, put him in the car, and we left. He kept screaming "Help me!!" I told him if there was one more word from him he was losing video games for the entire day. He stopped.

I called the house phone and left a message for Buddy that I had JJ:)

I got Superman to BB camp and even saw one more kid later than him. Yay me! lol!

I called Beautiful to remind her how thankful she should be that she doesn't live at home anymore lol! We also decided that JJ would go hang out with her until we left:) He doesn't go over there very often at all (maybe only a few times since they moved in) and he usually doesn't last long. We will see how he does today. 

******
For the most part Hunting season and this Thanksgiving weekend have gone well. It has by far been the most relaxing and laid back 2 week hunting/Thanksgiving year we have had. A lot was probably that all 3 Middles were at school. Also, I scheduled my work a bit lighter so I only worked 2 days of hunting week so I was home with the kids and to check in deer and my husband got to hunt. I had a conference on Saturday but Beautiful held down the fort for us. She is indispensable:) 

This Thanksgiving weekend has been quite nice (aside from the 20 minutes of insanity this morning lol!) Wednesday I got to take all 3 of the boys out to pizza and a movie. I haven't ever taken just them out before. It was very nice. Originally it was just going to be Buddy and myself, but when I asked Buddy if he minded if the other 2 came with he said, "That is fine. Without them there I don't know what we would talk about anyway. All I can really say is "how is work?" and you can't talk about that!" lol!

Thursday Beautiful and her husband were with his family so the 7 of us enjoyed our traditional meal. Buddy and my husband then left to join up with Beautiful and do the Wal Mart Black Friday on Thursday thing. We watched the Vikings game (boo...) and I was able to finished up my online CEU's for my licensure while watching the game (yay!!!!)

Friday my husband, Beautiful, and her husband left and an insanely early hour to go Black Friday Shopping. It is their annual tradition and I am thankful that they have those traditions together. And that it is them and not me lol! Faith and I made lefse and home made noodles so I could make chicken noodle soup. They are my favorite foods that my grandma used to cook when she could still do the holiday meals and I was feeling nostalgic:) I have figured out that Faith's Love Language is Quality Time so have been trying to include her as much as I can with things. Grace runs away and wants nothing to do with cooking (except to lick beaters lol!) so it is a good way to spend alone time with Faith. I also got a lot of cleaning done between yesterday and today - moving furniture, etc while getting ready to put up the tree. Unfortunately my back has been bad again for a couple of weeks so I am having to be more cautious than usual. Buddy carried up the totes and he put up the tree, tinsel, and lights. Buddy loves to put up the tree and the fewer people he has help the better lol! Most of the rest of us got in when it was time for ornaments though. We did it during college basketball game. It was good to have a distraction from the game.  REALLY good:(  We have gotten the kids their own ornaments over the years so I finally got Beautiful's ornaments separated out for her to take for her own tree this year (I forgot last year).

Today my husband is hunting with our son in law. At noon all 9 of us will leave to go eat Chinese food as a family and then go to Moana. Tonight Adrian has a friend coming over to watch a Marvel movie he hasn't seen yet. Tomorrow we will relax again before we emerge on Monday from the intentionally protected cocoon of these 2 weeks we have every year filled with hunting and out of the ordinary schedules. Wednesday I have to give a presentation (that I had better run through a few more times lol!), Saturday Superman has a basketball tournament and BB season officially begins. 

Bring.It.On. 




No comments: