Thursday, November 3, 2016

Family Days:)

Last Friday our Middles had off from their respective schools so we decided it would be important to do something fun. It was a beautiful day outside (in the afternoon at least) so we had a Family Day.

First we went to lunch at Pizza Ranch. Granted we didn't get there until almost 2 p.m. my husband had to hunt ducks in the morning and we had Parent Teacher conferences for 2 of the kiddos, but we got to their favorite restaurant and filled up on the buffet:)

Then we went fishing for a couple of hours. We didn't catch anything, but it was a nice day out. I don't fish (or hunt) so I just took some of the kids individually on walks to talk privately. It was a nice time and I am thankful we got to do it.

Beautiful has worked at the YMCA for almost a year now and has been asking for us to come and swim. So my husband and Buddy went to Menards for some much needed items to repair some things on Beautiful's house while I took the 4 swimming. They didn't understand that Beautiful had to lifeguard and not play with them, but we had fun. I played catch with the kids so much that my arm was sore for days lol! Beautiful had no sympathy for me though as she was a pitcher in softball and knew all about sore arms;)

We got home at 7:45 and I cooked some supper. Buddy's friend came over after work. We love it when he comes over because we all get to play cards. He hasn't been over in 6 months so it was fun to get to do that - even if Buddy and I LOST in the LAST HAND. Sigh...we almost always lose. But don't give up lol!

The best part of the day was the lack of any major temper tantrums. Usually at the end of something like this Grace or JJ are overly tired and the trip home is horrible, especially since they were hungry. But they all held it together and it was a pleasant day.

I do find it ironic that even with 7 of us I still feel like someone is missing. It has been a process to transition to Beautiful being married and not part of our Family Days. It was nice to see her while swimming and I am so thankful that she lives close and is over a couple of times a week:) Our family does not observe Halloween so we all watch TV and eat a special meal together. It was great that Beautiful and her husband came over to enjoy grilled steak and potatoes with us, and then watch over favorite team play on Monday Night Football (even though we lost...badly).

No comments: