Friday, September 2, 2016

Resolution: Eight of Twelve

Everything is pretty much the same. That is good and discouraging...

But, I must add, I had forgotten what simple freedom there is in simply bending over without pain!!!!!  In fact, I am having to relearn my posture when standing and when bending over now. For 8 years I have adjusted how I stand, bend, twist, vacuum, sweep, do dishes, wash my hands, etc. just to do it with minimal pain. Now I have to try to rethink all of my motions to make sure that I am using the right posture, because my old way no longer serves its purpose of decreasing pain.

Even though the pain is not completely gone, it is much better than it has been in almost a decade. I need to remember that when I am discouraged. I need to remember that when I don't really want to get up early and get the work out in before I start my day (I know myself, if I don't do it first thing it will not get done). I need to remember that when I started this the #1 reason was to strengthen my back and that appear to be happening, so that is a win:)

No comments: