Exercise: only 3 times this week. We were gone last weekend through Monday afternoon at an outdoor Christian music festival. It was a good time for the family:) But between that and my work I only was able to work out Th, Fri, and Sat. Saturday I started the Level 4 workout. Ouch. I also had a migraine T - Th so that slowed me down.
Eating: obviously not as good with being gone for the weekend. At least the very high prices (like $25 for a pizza) kept me from buying junk food at the festival lol!
Prayer and Bible reading: ok
************
Mostly I am at a point where I am stretched extremely thin. I notice that when I am at this level of stress and being overwhelmed I retreat into myself and become "fine." I have committed to extra responsibilities over the next 2 months that haven't even started yet. And when that it done it is hunting season. I know that sounds silly, but in this house it is not. My husband is an amazing husband and stay at home father and home schooling father...but I know that Nov and Dec (and part of January) it is my turn to pull the weight that he pulls the other 9.5 months of the year (he is already gone hunting a couple of days a week. It will get really intense in November). My job is getting busier, I don't know what is happening in my family much anymore and in an attempt to rectify that I committed to some home school responsibilities for Co-op that I am not sure I can adequately meet (obviously all of the other teachers are SAHM's while I work full time hours), and I have added extra work responsibilities that are an incredible honor to have been asked to perform but will involve time to attend and time to prepare for several presentations. None of this is bad (except that my house is a wreck and I am out of touch with what my kids are doing). I am delighted to be a part of all of it. But right now I am...in survival mode. Which is probably why my migraines have worsened:( I am so thankful that my husband and my accountability partner are my "Aaron" and "Hur" right now. I am seeking to serve God and know this is just a busy season. I am thankful that God has placed people around me to sustain me as I keep moving forward:) So, I will keep on with the exercising knowing that I feel better by doing it and it will help me to continue to serve the way I do, but I will admit that I am having to really talk myself into working out now whereas before I enjoyed it. I guess that is normal though lol!
No comments:
Post a Comment