Friday, November 18, 2011

JJ's Funniest Temper Tantrum...to date

In hindsight this was the funniest temper tantrum story our family has experienced - proving that even the 6th child can do something new lol!! However, at the moment we were kind of in shock as to what was going on. Our bathroom is kind of triangularly shaped. JJ has a preference for items in each corner...my husband and I can only cover 2 corners at a time! JJ really, really likes the toilet brush. Do you have a kid like that? Beautiful was our only other kid who liked the toilet brush. I remember once we left her with my mother and strongly suggested she watch her closely but, "if you can't find her...look in the bathroom." Sure enough, mom lost her...and she was in the bathroom.

But I digress. At 11:30 last night we are getting ready for bed and JJ was as energetic as he always is at that time of night. I sat JJ down in the bedroom and he made a BEE LINE for the toilet brush in the adjoined bathroom. My husband anticipated this and got to JJ at the time he had lifted the toilet brush above his head. Well, Beautiful had just cleaned the bathrooms yesterday so we had a wet mess. My husband grabbed the toilet brush and said "no." He then proceeded to grab a towel to clean up. This all took about 2 seconds and I was coming around the corner to help.

At that time JJ was in the "inhale deeply so you can let out a really loud scream to make absolutely sure that the whole house knows how you have been wronged by having your favorite toy taken away from you" phase. He was doing this while running across the bathroom. I came around the corner with the odd thought "why isn't he screaming - he always screams when he is mad?" in time to see him run into the wall and fall flat on his face on the rug. My husband and I are pretty sure that he essentially held his breath so long that he fainted. We picked him up and he didn't even have the loud, long scream. He looked a little dazed so I just sat and held him. Today he has a bit of a scratch on his forehead where he ran into the wall.

So, while I know it must have been a bit traumatic for him, having his favorite toy taking away and being utterly misunderstood about the fun one can have with a wet toilet brush and all, in hindsight it was pretty funny!!

No comments: