Friday, November 29, 2019

Week 8: Thankful

Wednesday was 8 weeks since Grace went to the treatment facility. They requested another 30 days minimum, and next week they will be putting in the application for the long term group home. I am not sure when we will hear if she is accepted to that or not.

This week I focused that I am thankful:
for the facility and their staff, and what they are teaching Grace.
for the insurance company paying for her stay.
that she is learning strategies and is using them more often.
that the therapist is taking our concerns seriously and addressing them.
that she is being considered for the long term program so she can have the time she needs to make the changes in to habit.

I am thankful for:
my grandkids having a mother who stays home with them and has taught them that they are loved and can trust their parents. I know the pain of having kids who don't trust their parents and the negative ripple effects. What a blessing it is to see them trust. Do not take the trust of a child for granted!
getting to see my grandkids very often!!!
the blessing of my first born and her husband. They are working hard on being intentional about marriage and parenting. So grateful for that:)

I am thankful for:
a husband who is my rock. 27 years ago we met and were not believers. Yet, God has shown us infinite grace and allowed us to be sanctified together and become more unified so that we can navigate this adventure of our life together. I know that is a rare blessing. I am so thankful for him!

I am thankful for:
Snow Days!!!  So far we have had 4 days together all.day.long. Two more to go! The first 3 days were great! Today...has had moments when I am thankful that I work outside of the home lol!!!!!
I am finally relaxing. I badly needed the time off and it has been a blessing to me. I would not have taken the time for myself so I am glad I did not have to make that decision:) This morning I actually slept until 8:15!!!!  To be able to rest and not wake at 5 or 6 with my mind racing with "gotta get this done!!!!" was sweet!
Grace handling with maturity the major disappointment of us not being able to make it to her Team Meeting and first outing outside of the facility in 2 months. Hopefully we will be able to make it on Friday!

I am thankful for:
our other kids. We have been cooped up together for days and are having fun together making food, putting up the tree, celebrating Thanksgiving together, playing games... having quiet time;)  Yesterday at our Thanksgiving meal we had such sweet time of prayer. Everyone prayed and it was so precious to see what was on their hearts. It gave me hope. It also made me cry - I am thankful that my heart is softening enough to allow the tears. I have been numb and cynical for so long. It feels good to...feel:)

I am thankful for:
online shopping lol!!!!! My husband did the black friday experience in person while I enjoyed getting almost all of my Christmas shopping done online this week!

I am thankful for:
God. His timing, power, sovereignty, plan, grace, forgiveness, sacrifice, and example. I am so thankful that I can trust Him!

No comments: