Last month "things" got worse. Another woman came alongside us too and helped to take Grace even more. In the past month there were only maybe a weeks worth of days that we had her all day and she didn't go with one of those women. We were so thankful that she had a sleepover one night. That allowed me to go out to a movie with my oldest child and for us to go celebrate our youngest's birthday the next day drama free.
That respite didn't necessarily help our daughter's behavior at home, but it was so helpful for the peace in the home and our productivity since we could get more done than just referee. It also helped my peace of mind when I worked long days and worried about my husband home doing it all alone.
If you know someone who looks like they need help, offer. Then, if they are really stubborn like I am, insist. Don't say "can I bring you a meal?" Say, "What night can I bring a pan of lasagna."
Don't say, "can I help?" Say, "What can I do?"
Don't say, "can I take your child sometime?" Say, "What day this week would work for me to take your child for a bit?" (or mow your lawn, or whatever the person may need).
Because some of us keep thinking we don't need help. Some of us are too stubborn for our own good. Some of us think it makes us a failure to ask for or accept help. Some of us don't want to bother other people with our problems.
Thanks for praying. Thanks for offers of prayers. But if you feel led to physically help someone, insist. They will (eventually;) appreciate it:)
No comments:
Post a Comment