Saturday, December 9, 2017

Respite....Sweet, Sweet Respite

I have been overwhelmed with the support and encouragement from my last post. I was so afraid to post it and the response was so much more than I could have imagined. Thank you all for your kind words and prayers. I cried many tears of relief over your messages to me.

Last night a very sacrificial friend texted me and asked me if she could take the girls today. There is no way that I wanted to let her do that. I don't want anyone else to have to deal with what we deal with, or watch every single behavior for lies, theft, etc. I didn't want the girls to feel rewarded for their behavior either. Especially since just yesterday Faith stole our itouch (a long broken one, but she didn't know that) and took it to school. My husband discovered it when it fell out of her pocket in the parking lot after school. Grrrrr.  I still haven't found my itouch that has been missing since April. I know she can't be using it as it would show up on the Circle, but I hate that I can't trust her when she says she doesn't have it. 

Anyway...

My friend insisted, saying that we needed it. My husband and I prayed about it and slept on it, and this morning decided to let them go. We needed the break.

I spent 3 hours this morning with them going through a workbook on looking at sin issues in their life like unforgiveness, bitterness, rebellion, etc. Then the girls left for 5 hours. Superman was given the option to go with and play with our friend's son (a friend of our son) or an afternoon without his sisters.

He chose an afternoon without his sisters...

My husband decided to take the opportunity to take him basketball shoe shopping (will this kid stop growing?!?!?! He is only 12 with a size 10.5 shoe!!!!)

That left me alone with Buddy and JJ.  Sweet, sweet respite. I couldn't decide if I should be productive or do nothing. I opted to do nothing. JJ and I watched a funny movie. That was about it. Sat in a dark house with only Christmas lights on and just soaked in quiet. Even Buddy emerged from his room and hung out with us commenting on the peacefulness of the house.

About half way through the time I realized how relaxed my body was. No tension. Just having them gone and not having to be on edge for the next crisis every 90 seconds was such amazing relief. I hate asking for help. I hate accepting help because I absolutely do not want to be a burden on anyone. But I am so glad that my friend insisted that I say yes.

I was so refreshed that when JJ asked to make chocolate chip cookies I said yes! I had enough physical and mental energy to undertaking baking with him. That doesn't happen often enough and normally would never happen on a weekend when I haven't been able to get a break from the girls.

And...I ate oranges and chocolate chip cookies for supper. Because I could;)

I have successfully made it through another day. One I am far less stressed at at the end of than usual. Thank you all for your encouragement and prayers.

And a huge thanks to my friend who took the girls. There are not words to thank her enough:)

No comments: