I said I wouldn't post on every session, but perhaps I will continue to do so just to give a bit of a review of life of the week - hopefully more of the funnier side to life.
These past weeks have been insanely busy. My husband and I were gone all day Fri and Saturday again. Sooooo thankful for the people who watched our kiddos! The Friday conference was...difficult. The Saturday one I spoke at on TBRI. It think it went well. I met some really amazing people and am so encouraged by the work they have put into have a strong support system of believers there to help with kids who come from foster care/hard places. Lots of love for adoption.
We are making headway on the graduation plans, which is next Saturday. I think we have it pulled together but my husband keeps reminding me that I do not have a diploma made for her yet! Ugg!
Also in the craziness of life I was informed that I was dropped by a major insurance company as I didn't get some kind of paperwork in. That really frustrates me as I thought I had it done correctly, but they make me do all of it online and we all know how good I am with that...
So, fun stuff...
Last night I had to go to the next town for work for only 1 hour so JJ and my husband came with me to run some errands. Afterwards we went to a Mexican restaurant for supper. JJ LOVED the chicken (he is such a chicken nut), the free chips in large quantity, and the music! Oh boy did he like the music. He just can't stop himself when he hears a beat and was standing in the booth shaking his booty and had his arms going too. He was fully enjoying his Mexican experience!
We also discovered that he is apparently bilingual...my husband quietly asked me where the banos were and immediately JJ grabbed himself, started hopping up and down, and said loudly, "I have to go pee!!" Fun times;)
It has been such a delight to hear him verbalize more and learn what is in his head. He was in the fridge looking at food containers. He kept asking me what things were and what they were for. He grabbed the lemon juice and asked if he could try some. I strongly suggested that he not so he asked me why we even have it in the fridge then lol!
Today I was at the computer and he was sitting next to me with his Kindle. I got up to go to another room and he didn't see me leave. He started yelling for me and came running and said, "Oh! There you are! I was scared! I thought you left me. I thought you went to work and left me. I was scared!" It was so incredibly precious to hear him say those words! To have words of emotion! We all know his intense fear of being without us. Even at 4 1/2 he rarely will leave our side (although he is getting braver to go outside by himself much to our frustration...) We know he has the fear but all he will do is cling to us and get dysregulated. For him to actually put words on the fear was soooo encouraging!
Last "funny." Today was Hair Day. It took less than than usual due to her hair now being shorter, but it was still 7 hours straight of...hair. When we got done we went for a walk - myself and the 4 youngest. Superman picked up some garbage on the neighbor's lawn and Faith said, "I want to litter too!" I tried to help her understand littering was actually putting the garbage there, not picking it up. So she went from a different angle and said, "I want to do conversation! How can I do conversation?" I had to laugh out loud then and we practiced "conservation" versus "conversation." It was funny...but I was so happy that she is clearly learning from her schoolwork and our dicussions on being a good steward, and she is caring about litter and "conversation" ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment