We had our city wide garage sales here this weekend. I found a couple of great deals - including a roll top desk. I have graduated from a plank of plywood on two file cabinets to a corner desk a friend gave us a few years ago. Now I have a roll top desk. The kids like to mess on the keyboard and now I can lock it all up lol! I can also put the top down and not deal with seeing the unfinished paperwork I have. My 'office' is a corner of our family room. Having anyone over is embarrassing when they see my mess. Now they won't see it! Oh, of course I have gone through all of the piles in the switch over and organized everything very nice. I just need to keep it that way:)
This really got me moving in terms of the deep cleaning that I wanted to do this summer. By moving the desk and needing to figure out what to with it, then what to do with what was there, etc, etc...I dream up big plans. We have had the crib set up in Superman's bedroom for 2 years...NEVER used. That got dismantled. Then I sorted through all of the totes of hand me down clothes for the boys and got them wonderfully organized - I eliminated 5 totes!! That freed up space and I got the boys' dressers all organized. We then decided we might as well get rid of the matching changing table to the crib - also never used except to put JJ's clothes on since we have him in our bedroom and it was easier than dealing with the dresser in the other room. Finally, we decided that the rocker needs to go. We were blessed this week with two gently used lazy boy rocker recliners so no longer have a need for the one in our room that I rocked many a nights with with my babe who does not like to sleep. I have 4 boxes of clothes and toys to go. We are moving on a roll!
JJ sleeps in a port a crib in our room (the same one that all of our babies have slept in:) Who knows how long it will be before he is out of our room. Part of our dilemma is that Faith and Grace share a room. As you may imagine there are plenty of nights where we need to remove Faith from that room for safety and also just so she can actually get some sleep, so she has slept on a cot in Superman's room. We removed the cot today and put the trundle bed together. So, while it is "officially" JJ's bed whenever he transitions out of the port a crib, Faith will get to sleep there as needed until we are able to better control the bedtime issues with the girls. Until that happens, we cannot really transition JJ out of our room as it will be inconsistent depending on Grace's moods. So...
We are moving on in the areas in which we have (the illusion of) control...and praying for those for which we do not:) I am having a blast organizing and deep cleaning and purging stuff out. With 8 of us in this house we are bursting at the seams and need to live better by the philosophy the less is more!
Oh, the other great deal was a glider patio rocker...just a two seater for my hubby and me;)
No comments:
Post a Comment