And, no post can go by at this stage without a cute picture of JJ:)
We have decided to ban TV M - F. I am having a hard time getting life done. Obviously I am not keeping up with my blog as I used to. Unfortunately I am on fb way to much farmvilling. It is one of those things where I feel like I can get something actually done - not that what I am getting done is REALLY getting anything done...and certainly nothing of eternal value. I'm trying to cut down a bit...
Anyway, we have been playing games as a family, trying to connect more as a family, etc. The kids are all missing mommy time since I am usually taking care of JJ or my back is hurting so much I can't do much (other than hold them or read them books). It is requiring me to be more intentional about teaching the kids to be more independent and to care about others. We have lots of pride issues in our home which need to be addressed (starting with my own:) So, I have enjoyed the kids not being on the Netflix so much (we only get 2 channels of "tv" and don't have cable or satellite).
I have been in PT for 3 weeks now. I am starting to hurt more, but differently which I think means I am getting better. I can't "wear" JJ anymore which makes me very sad (and mad). It just hurts too much. I can carry him and lift him (so far) but no wearing. It has to do with where the weight is distributed - out in front versus the side and how that affects my herniated disk. All will be well. I trust I'll be healed some day:)
JJ has been sleeping 5 hours, then 8 hours at night. Last night he decided to get up every 2 hours and eat a whole bottle. He is going to break 10 lbs in no time lol!
Beautiful has decided that she wants to start cooking more. She has found some new friends who are home schoolers too and they are encouraging her. I appreciate her desire to be more "homemakerish" which is a switch from her wanting to do ANYTHING that is not tomboyish lol! Maybe all we will actually be well by the time she leaves in 5 years:)
God has been so good through all of this transition. Tuesday we paid off the last of the adoption expenses (except the court process for finalization). He is provided just enough and keeping me just busy enough to pay bills but be able to be home plenty. I am loving being a new mommy. It is so different at 37 when it is #6 than it was at 24 with the first one. I love how our family is gelling. I love how God is sovereign. I love how we are developing a relationship with JJ's Tummy Mommy and trust in God for the outcome of her soul. I love my life...yet...long for the perfection of heaven...don't you?
1 comment:
Those dogs look beautiful! I've always wanted one of those dogs. I don't think I would like all the hair though. JJ has such a happy smile! He smiles with his eyes and his whole face! And did I mention....I LOVE HIS DIMPLE!
I've been spending too much time on facebook too. I just get on it for a quick look and before I know it an hour is gone!
I'm sorry you can't wear JJ because of your back. You can get snuggle time in other ways though. I'm so glad he is sleeping well for you. It sure is nice when mommy's get all the sleep they need! It's wonderful that beautiful is cooking! That could be a big help for you! She may like the cookbook by this lady,
http://thepioneerwoman.com/my_cookbook/
I made her mac and cheese yesterday for dinner, it was good!
She has alot of her recipes on her blog too.
Yes,it is very different being a mommy older! I love it! I'm 42 and a grandma and a new mommy hoping for more blessings! I'm a much better mommy at 42 than I was in my 20's!
It's really neat you are having contact with JJ's tummy mommy. I don't think I could do that myself. I will pray for her salvation!
Post a Comment