Tuesday, December 8, 2020

The girls are coming home for Christmas...and one is staying

 The girls are coming home for 10 days over Christmas. After much prayer and consideration we have decided that Faith will remain home. There are a lot of pieces to that decision that I will not bore you with now, but it is not a decision that has been made lightly. She has done exceptionally well while in residential treatment and really the only thing that would keep her there is our fear that she hasn't made lasting change. How is a person really supposed to know if someone else is truly repentant and committed to change? I guess looking at the fruit of the behavior is the only real answer. Since we aren't allowed visits off campus with her, or weekends home, etc we are unable to assess that in our home. So... we are taking a leap of faith that what she is doing there will generalize home. We have some "deal breakers" that if she does them again will result in her application going back in and they have said they will take her back. So... please be praying for her transition back home.

Grace...is making poor choices. We got another call about her last night. I am not even surprised anymore. I am just so utterly sad for her that if she ever gets things figured out that she will have to look back on these decisions and deal with the reality that she did them. I will say that when she found out that Faith was coming home and she was not (despite her being there longer) she handled it with maturity. That was encouraging:)  Please pray for her heart as well.

I, personally, am a mess. I am working way too much and... well, I am not doing a good job of practicing what I teach others about self-care lol! I won't go into more detail as I am afraid with my state of mind right now it will just sound like a bunch of complaining. I am not in a good head space right now. I want this visit to go well and the transition to Faith returning home to be positive. I want to be intentional about it and get us started on the right foot without fears and old baggage getting in the way. I want the boys to not be anxious about this transition. I want all of us to give her the benefit of the doubt. I want her to feel loved and that she belongs. Please pray for our time together and the transition:) 

So many people are hurting right now. Find your people and connect. Get help if you need it. Find support. Get sleep and do good self-care. Be in the Word. Trust the Word. Remind yourself constantly to keep the main things the main things. This life is not for the feint of heart or for the unintentional.

No comments: