Saturday, January 28, 2017

Disney World: Day 2

If I don't write this out every day I will forget the details - so bear with me:)

Today we got up about 7:00. I was glad that I had packed things simply for the hotel room. My husband showered then took the girls down for the hot breakfast while I showered. JJ was still sleeping. Just as I was stepping into the shower I heard the room door open. I looked out to see if my husband needed me but didn't see anyone. Then it occurred to me that it may have been JJ. Sure enough he woke up, thought he was alone, and bolted from the room! Thankfully we were about 20 feet from the breakfast area. I ran for my phone (since I obviously couldn't run into the hallway) and called my husband. He answered the phone by saying, "I have him." Whew!  When they got back I had a talk with JJ about how we would never leave him alone ever. If he thought he was alone he should have knocked on the bathroom door. He said he was scared and thought he was alone. I supposed he heard talking in the hallway and thought it was us. About gave me a heart attack.

We got on the road at 9:30 and I instituted a rule that we would only stop every 2 hours and not sooner! We made a stop at 11:30 at Subway for lunch and again about 1:30.   We started the trip by playing Bible Trivia. Lots of fun questions from the kids in response to the questions... like "what is circumcision?" The kids watched movies and Beautiful and her husband had a speaker that we could listen to music. The kids were a bit more testy today, understandably.

JJ asked some tough questions like why his Tummy Mommy had him adopted and why we chose him to adopt. He doesn't seem satisfied how his adoption came about - he wants to know why he, JJ specifically, was adopted. He is quite the thinker. When he wasn't doing that he was jamming to music from the ipad with his headphones or singing with Beautiful's music. He really likes music. A lot. He likes to try to rap too. Crazy kid...

About 5:30 We were getting so close to getting to the house we rented. We were pushing it and did not stop for a bathroom since 1:30. Big. Mistake. We were about 10 minutes away from the house and the traffic came to a standstill. About 1/8th of a mile ahead we could see some flashing lights, then more police came, then more.  Pretty soon a helicopter landed. Then took off. Then a firetruck came. Then they all left and we got to leave again. Traffic was completely stopped for miles in both directions. After an HOUR we finally got going again. While waiting we prayed for the incident and whoever got taken by helicopter and we sang a lot of praise and worship music trying to distract us from having to use the bathroom lol! A word of advice - stop when you have to go because you may get stuck in traffic for a hour lol!  JJ couldn't hold it so I took him in front of the van so he could relieve himself. It was very dark by then and the cars in front of us had their lights off (so did we). I finally started praying that the accident would clear and there was a gas station VERY CLOSE! We tried to keep it in perspective that we were far less inconvenienced and uncomfortable than whoever was taken in the helicopter but we have rarely been so happy to find a bathroom:)

We got to the house, unpacked, and got the boys into the pool (the girls had lost it due to behavior in the van). The girls played fooze ball in the game room. We are very pleased with the house so far. It is in a gated community and very nice.

I am so tired I could sleep about 12 hours straight. It is amazing how tired one can be from sitting all.day.long. But before I can sleep I have to get JJ to sleep. He is wound up and is supposed to share at room with Superman. I really hope that he falls asleep soon and sleeps through the night:)


No comments: