Tonight's supper is a testimony to how relaxed things have gotten in our family lately - they all ganged up on me lol! It was so fun to laugh around the table and not have fighting. It was what I imagine that other families get to enjoy most of their meal times.
We had a bit of serious discussion at lunch when my husband and I praised the girls for their very noticeable changes in behavior lately and how pleasant that has been. We spent time as a family trying to dissect why things have been less tense and more relaxed lately - and why the girls have been more behaved so that we can keep it happening lol! I don't know if that is what made everyone more relaxed for supper or not but we had a lot of laughs.
First, Grace asked me to help her understand what I do for work. I tried to explain that I help people make decisions. Superman responded, "it sounds like you boss people around." They thought that was very funny since that is what they see me do at home;) Superman is the peacemaker in our family and will always joke and clown around to get a laugh.
Then I tried to explain more about what I do like helping people not feel sad or anxious, or to help them get along, or to help parents and kids by helping the parents with ideas on how to discipline their kids so their kids can grow up making better choices. Superman again piped up with, "I bet you tell them how to rule with an iron fist!" We are a sarcastic humor family and it was actually such balm to my heart to have Superman speak his mind to joke with me like that and know I would laugh. He was being funny, not trying to be mean.
Then I got a song line stuck in my head and sang it with a little dance as I was putting away the food. Buddy told me to stop dancing as he was laughing hysterically at me. My husband stopped him and said, "hey! no! You don't want Mom to stop singing and dancing! When you see her dancing she is in a good mood! That is the time to say, "Hey Dad and I are heading up to Canada to go fishing!'" lol!
We then tackled Buddy to the ground and put a "man bun" in his hair. AND took pictures lol! He was good natured about it- so much so that I actually got a picture of him...are you ready??? SMILING!!!!. Beautiful was over for supper and we had fun with it:)
It is so rare that we have this kind of fun time that I actually had to post about it. Tensions are easing a little here. It is a good reminder to me that things can be different and to hold onto these light moments and try to make them more frequent:)
Laughter is good medicine:)
No comments:
Post a Comment