Thursday, April 5, 2012

JJ's Great Escape(s)!

Today JJ discovered that the table that we use as a barrier at the bottom of the stairs can be pushed aside, squeezed around, etc so he can make it to the stairs to climb up and away.

Today, JJ discovered that he can simply push the accordion gate away at the top of the stairs to squeeze underneath it to get down the stairs.

But the scariest by far was:
After supper he had made a HUGE mess of his food so I washed his hair out and was doing dishes. Since he has always been the Velcro Kid (until TODAY!) I was not worried about him not being right by my side in the kitchen. I still had a kid at the table, one in the kitchen, and 3 outside - he couldn't get too far and won't usually even try. I see from my vantage point of the kitchen window the 3 outside jumping on the trampoline, then curiously see one running toward the house. I think it is odd and turn toward the door and realize that JJ is NOT behind me. I yell "where is the baby!?!?!" I run through the house screaming "JJ!!!" I envision him upside down in a toilet drowned. I am frantic. He NEVER is more than 5 feet from me. I run to the bathrooms, I run through all of the rooms upstairs. I remember that he just figured out how to get downstairs so go to run downstairs and hear Beloved laughing and saying "I have him!"

Sure enough...the escape artist had crawled...OUT THE DOGGIE DOOR! When I saw Buddy running toward the house he had seen JJ coming out of the doggie door and was coming to get him (6 foot drop off of the side of the step down into the backyard).

I have a feeling that this little guy is going to keep me on my toes! I'm so glad that God is watching my kids even when they are out of my sight, and that all of my other children found it so hilarious even as I had to stop a bit to get over my fright!

No comments: