If you checked out the ipad apps State the States and/or State the Countries you will LOVE Presidents vs. Aliens! It is made by the same developer? Author? What do you call people who make apps??? Anyway, it is focused on learning the presidents of the USA, their nick names, the order in which they were president, famous quotes, famous historical events during their presidency, etc. I love it! Oh...I mean...it is very educational for the children lol!!! It is very user friendly. Instead of stacking states when you answer a question correctly such as "which president was nicknamed Young Hickory" or "which of the 4 shown presidents was from the Republican-Democratic party?" you get to launch the head of the president into a bunch of alien heads - winning the round when all of the alien heads have been knocked down:) Pretty creative:)
Highly recommend it! I am learning way more from this game than I ever learned about the Presidents in school...and hope my kids learn a lot too lol!!!
I also want to highly, highly, highly recommend Navigating The Worldviews of Egypt by Isaac Botkin and David Noor. It is part of the Navigating History Project that Vision Forum has in their curriculum section. I don't think anyone can go wrong with any purchase by Vision Forum - I love their conservative, Biblical, and challenging perspectives. I love their mission. I love their products! The book and accompanying DVD's discuss the mysteries of Islam, the Early Church, and Egypt. It explains Islam very well as well as the early clashes between Islam and the Early Church - and how that has resulted in what it looks like today. It is a high school level course and expects a level of deep thought on these topics. However, I think that in light of the state of the world today...we should all have some deep thought on these topics.
No comments:
Post a Comment