We went on vacation to my parents home last week. We happened to be there for our 16th wedding anniversary. Here we are (along with my parents) sitting on the steps where we got married...our family has changed lol!On our anniversary my husband and I went out to eat. My mother got us this cake to celebrate after she watched all of the kids for us!!!
My brother came over. Buddy always as a blast with his uncle!!
On the way to a family wedding we stopped at my Dad's house and got to ride his 4-wheeler and visit a bit:)
The weather was very, very hot and humid so we only got to go to the park one day while we were there. We had lots of fun playing in their game room though...we greatly appreciate their big house:)
We have been undergoing several opportunities to learn and grow and be stretched lately. Having children with "history" is a daunting task and one that requires being on our knees and being very intentional about parenting. I am saddened by a recent statistic that I heard that people spend more time grooming than with their children. Sad...
I am learning a lot about parenting children with "history" from my class from Texas Christian University. I have taken 2 of the 5 required modules/tests and then have the 40 hour class in September. Our parenting is being transformed by this information...while at the same time we are sad that we did not know this information 4 years ago. God is putting on my heart to share about what I am learning in the hopes that other parents who want to adopt or have adopted will know that there are resources out there to help when "history" plays out in the present. I will attempt to blog more often and I will be more intentional about the blog topics. If any of you want to view the DVD's of the lectures please let me know!
So, enjoy our vacation pictures...and I'll post soon about what I'm learning on this journey:)
No comments:
Post a Comment