Saturday, July 30, 2011

Trying to maintain perspective

When irritated at the company that does my billing being VERY slow over the past month I'm trying to be thankful that I have a job that pays the bills at all. When overwhelmed with the idea of starting home school with 3 kindergartners in 3 weeks with special needs I'm trying to be thankful for the blessings of a full quiver. When frustrated that I can't figure out how to get wireless internet hooked up to the kids' school computer that I have been installing their school work on for 2 days I'm trying to be thankful that I can even have a "school" computer aside from "my" computer-and that I can even have internet at all (or get to home school them, or have a house to do it in, or have health to be able to teach, etc). When I look at my house that looks like tornado hit it and I don't even know where to start to organize it I'm trying to be thankful that a tornado did not, in fact, hit it. When I try to figure out what to feed Grace to make her gain weight since she is getting taller but has not even gained 1 lb in 1 year I'm trying to be thankful that we are even in America and have many, many food options or even a diagnosis! When my back hurts every day and I think of how long it has been since it has not hurt (over 2 years) and 'm trying to be thankful that I'm not in a wheelchair and can realistically still live life even if it is less productive (in my opinion). Monday My husband and I rejoiced that after 3 months of kids on antibiotics and nebulizers we were med free...and after 5 days off of the antibiotics Jonathan has been getting increasingly congested again and today spiked a 104 fever...again...I am feeling like the last straw has landed... I know it could be worse. I'm thankful to be in America and have medicine to help him. I am thankful that he doesn't (to our knowledge) have some chronic illness like Grace's aunt who struggles every day with Cystic Fibrosis. He is not struggling just to live and therefore it should not be so frustrating. I'm SOOOOO thankful to just have him and he is such a blessing to our lives. But today...I'm having a hard time keeping perspective in front of me. So, today I'm just clinging to the Cross and trusting in the depth of His love, that He has a plan, and reminding myself that one day when I see Him face to face.. all will be perfect:)

No comments: