Monday, March 21, 2011

JJ

School...who wants to get school done???

Don't you just want to eat him up?? He is so adorable (I'm not biased or anything;0)

JJ is now 7 months. He is rolling both ways. He sits up less than a minute. He loves to stare at people until they look at him- then he stars smiling like crazy to get them to interact with him:) He will also stare at people until they look at him - then he will shake his head. He waits for us to shake our head at him then he shakes his head again, over and over. It is very cute. He had 3 nights in a row when he only woke up once!!!!! Last night he didn't sleep well and wanted to cuddle (not really awake but fussy). He would only sleep on my chest which is painful for me as I cannot lay on my back well with my herniated disk. Around 1:45 a.m. I finally put him in his bassinet right next to the bed and slept a couple of hours before he got fussy again and wanted to be cuddled. I crawled out of bed at 8...and he kept sleeping until 10:30!!! I think he just wants our bed lol! He doesn't like any solid food yet but grabs at whatever we are trying to eat. Thus, we give him empty bowls/cups and he seems relatively content:) Grace and Buddy were such content babies - they loved being left alone on the floor for long periods of time. Not JJ!!! He needs to be held and interacted with constantly. And...with such a cutie pie in the house who wouldn't want to just love and squeeze and kiss on him all day long;)

After having a child who has attachment issues, it is a different perspective to have a baby that fusses when he sees me get my shoes on to leave or if I walk past him without picking him up. It is SUCH JOY to be bonded! I so fiercely love him. While my back is certainly feeling the effects of JJ finally getting up to 15 lbs (so tiny, but yet God knew that I needed a tiny baby with my back issues:) I love holding him, carrying him, wearing him, cuddling with him, kissing him, and just looking at him. I could do nothing all day long but enjoy his smiles and raspberries and giggles.

And then I think of his Tummy Mommy. She sent some pictures last week and has sent two letters directed to him (most are directed to us). She is handling this so well and yet it is a grieving process. She shared that JJ's sister who is 18 months old picks up his pictures and says, "bro." While on the one hand sweet I then think, "what would it be like to only know your sibling from pictures?" We hope for them to love Jesus through this and we are seeing small indications that she thinks of Him. We have one adopted child who is asking a lot about "Tummy Mommy" lately and is sad...making me think about what that process will be like for JJ. Then I remind myself that tomorrow is tomorrow...enjoy him today... So...I'm off to kiss my baby!!!

No comments: