Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Disney World: Day 7 Epcot Day Two

Beautiful was feeling better this day so we loaded up for our short day at the park. We were all tired and ready to be done with long days. We chose Epcot for a second day since we all liked the park and Beautiful didn't get to see it yesterday. She was still pretty week from the stomach crud so we got her a wheelchair and her husband pushed her all over for the 6 miles of walking;) He is a most excellent husband:)

We went to Mission Space and Test Track again. We got to watch the Jamminators - which are 2 men in a percussion "band" who bang on garbage cans for as their instruments. It was really fun to watch. This week was arts week so there was a lot of art work and bands playing. Three years ago it was horticulture week when we came and the bushes were all clipped to represent Disney characters. Personally I preferred that week. However, there were a bunch of bands (loosely labeled) and as the kids love music (especially JJ) it was nice for me to be able to sit frequently today while they listened and danced to various entertainment:)

The oldest 4 of our group were moving slowly and spent most of their time today in the "countries" looking in the shops. NOT a safe place for our youngest kiddos if we don't want to purchase a bunch of damaged souvenirs, so I took them on more rides. We went on the Figment ride and Under the Sea (Nemo). They are both fun. Then the kids played in the play area after the Nemo ride and watched the fish in the huge aquariums there until I was texted that it was time to go for the night. I think we left around 7.

We then headed to IHOP. If one wants to call it a tradition, we stopped there 3 years ago as we had never eaten at one before so decided to do it again on this trip. Everyone got a huge "breakfast" meal then we headed home to pack. While packing I contemplated whether it is worse to pack for the beginning of the trip or to just pack up everything in the vacation house to get it home. I am undecided...

I was so excited for the pool and the game room. I got to enjoy the pool with the kids a couple of times. I never did get to play pool though:( But I was very thankful for those two activities at the rental house so that we could give the kids something to do besides argue...

Grace in Canada


Percussion players in China


Trains


The kids swam a lot this morning while we packed up.


Finally got a family pic with our shirts:)


Figment!


Either JJ is posing like a goofball or grumpy when I want to take a picture-so I will take the goofball;)



game room


boys' room


kitchen


patio/pool


girls' room (Well, Grace's room)


Living room.

There were 3 other bedrooms - two with king beds and 1 with a queen bed. It was a nice home and plenty large for our family. Washer/dryer so I was able to keep up with laundry. Dining room table for 6 and a kitchen table for 4. It was a nice house:)

No comments: