Exercise: Still doing it 6 days a week. I haven't lost any weight for 3 weeks now but, like I mentioned in last week's post, there are continued improvements shown in other areas. I bought some heavier weights to use during the workouts so that is making things harder but hopefully also helping.
Clean Eating: I am allowing myself to eat more of what the family is eating, even if they are more carbs and less healthy. Unfortunately I notice that actually makes me hungrier.
Bible Reading: still making progress
Family Prayer: still going ok.
*****************
This week has been really tough for me. I am finally over the dip but it was hard. I have worked a very hard schedule for awhile working a lot more hours than I was a year ago. It was necessary due to a bunch of unexpected expenses (like all of JJ's medical procedures) but it has still had a domino effect into the rest of life. JJ misses me A LOT and is constantly asking me if I am going to work that day. Most of the time I have to tell him that I am. I am VERY thankful that I can work and that I do the work that I do, I am not complaining. It has just been a stretch of more than what we are used to. My husband is extra stressed because he is home more without my help as backup. When I am actually home he is gone either getting projects/work done or just getting a break (totally understandable). And work has just been...harder. People dealing with much heavier issues, and a higher percentage of them, than normal.
So, Monday night I hit my limit. When I got home late I told my husband I was burned out and needed a break. Thankfully this was a light week for me. I think that God knew I was going to need a break so had respite planned for me. I technically only had M and T scheduled this week, about 13 hours less than usual. Wednesday was JJ's birthday so we had down time and fun together. Thursday I declared was my "stay-cation." I told all the kids I was on vacation and to lay low. Grace started school this week so that made part of the day easier. I have to laugh that in hindsight I think I still did all of the stuff that I normally would have had to do but for some reason giving myself the permission to call it "vacation" made it not seem as overwhelming lol! I even got to spend 2 1/2 hours visiting uninterrupted with a friend on Thursday. TWO AND ONE-HALF HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UNINTERRUPTED!!!!!!!!!!!! That is probably what helped the most:)
That and I have the most attentive, thoughtful, understanding husband ever. I know that I brag about him often but in complete honesty I could not do my life this way without him by my side. We were such different people 21 years ago and we often sit back and marvel at God's plan of putting us, two completely opposite people, together:)
Friday and Saturday I had several unexpected crises to deal with...which, given the issues I am dealing with lately did not really surprise me. But despite that my head is back on track and I have regained my perspective of my eyes on Jesus, my feet on the path He has for me...not my path, my trust in Him controlling my moments, and my hope in what He is doing in the world when it looks to me like it is simply falling apart.
Perhaps I need to declare one day a week a "vacation" every week;)
No comments:
Post a Comment