Yesterday started yet another busy weekend in our home. I tried to finish up home school for the day and it got later than I wanted. Beautiful had a home school spring formal last night so I took her to the beautician to get her hair done, and once home lost track of time. Her date came over and I was not ready for pictures. However, Beautiful had some ideas so we raced around town to take some out of the ordinary pictures. Thankfully my husband chose to drive them and 6 of their friends to the prom so I got to stay home. Well, don't think it was too much of a sacrifice on my husband's part...he and Buddy dropped them off and they went to Cabelas lol!
I decided to sit on the deck and watch the kids play. While Grace is getting better with her behavior, she still needs a lot of supervision. A friend stopped by and we chatted on the deck while the kids were...less well-behaved than usual. JJ locked us out on the deck when I told him to stop standing on the railing, Grace whined about wanting to jump on the trampoline with Superman and not Faith, or some other such "s/he won't play with me" scenario, and JJ found pieces of aluminum that my husband is wanting to keep for "someday when I get the recycling place" and was chasing his siblings around with it. Yep, just a normal evening.
We went for a walk and got a few errands done. We came home, watched a movie as a fun extra since the big kids were gone, and I put them to bed.
Then I enjoyed a movie about Queen Victoria. One of my favorite books is Pride and Prejudice. I love the Regency era. I don't like to think too much about the downsides of that era, but the rest is fascinating to me. So, I stayed up late BY MYSELF! It was glorious!
The rest of the crew got home around 2ish. Our church happened to be having High School lock in over night, so Beautiful and her date went to the lock in until around 6:30 this morning. They apparently, in addition to the fun of getting no sleep (I personally don't see the fun in that lol!), had some excitement when one of the leaders got a head injury from playing an "in the dark" game and had to go to the ER for 7 stitches. That will keep you awake with adrenaline! Anyway, they came home and slept for a couple of hours. Thankfully we have an extra bed in Buddy's bedroom so it is convenient to have an extra person sleep over (if they are male;)
This morning I was awakened by Grace yelling "I gotta go potty!!!" I immediately jumped out of bed to tell her to hush, not wake everyone else, and ask why she didn't just get up and walk the 10 feet through the 2 open doors like she always does...when I realized she was in a deep sleep...
About an hour later JJ, who has been sleeping many nights all night long in his OWN BED!!! but last night came in around 5, called out "WANNA GO OUTSIDE!" Whaa? I realized that he, too, was yelling in his sleep.
We got up and around and decided to go down town to a special deal with independent consultants and see what there was to look at (I had to mail a card and pictures to my grandpa anyway who will be 93 tomorrow!). I found a couple of new items at the Tupperware table (I love organization and storage stuff - hate shopping for clothes, etc but I love organizing stuff although you would not know it anymore by walking into my house lol!) Then we continued on to the library where I got the book that has kept me moving all day long...a biography on Queen Victoria!
But before I could enjoy the book I forced myself to be productive...so...
The older two had a home school teen night event today. I was going to take them but then my husband offered. I was thrilled! My favorite day is the day that I don't have to leave my house. I got to stay home lol! But...alas...I supposed that I needed to actually be productive today and not just read the book that I can't stop thinking about...sigh...
So, I took the kids to the park for a picnic lunch and playtime. We spent a couple of hours there. JJ loves to be outside. My husband finally has the son who will hunt and fish with him from sun up to sun down lol. He is so adventurous and curious. We have a hard time keeping him inside. Anyway, the kids all had a great time. We even hit around baseball and had them all run bases (yes, you see my hidden motives don't you...I did run with them;) then...
I decided that do a reverse on my normal motto of "work before play" since I have been reminded by my children that I always find something else to do, thus the work never gets done so the play never gets started...
So after the park...we deep cleaned bedrooms!!! I dragged out the totes of their summer clothes and had them try on every piece of clothing they have and that we found in the totes. The kids were...well...I had to keep reminding them to stay on task. That took several hours but the bedrooms are clean, the clothes are exchanged, and the floors are all vacuumed.
However, we had a few distractions during that process. I tend to be "in the zone" when I do things like that and lose track of time. Apparently our 3 year old, who has finally figured out that a rumbly tummy is remedied by actually eating food, decided that food was necessary and I was not available. Also, he was wanting to be like his big brother, Superman, and try on clothes too (and was being pushed out of rooms for dragging Superman's clothes all over out of piles, etc. So, the last time I saw him he had some kind of Superman's clothes on.
Then, in walks JJ with a 1/2 eaten doughnut that belonged to his biggest brother's stash. It wasn't enough that he was eating his big brother's doughnut...but JJ was now wearing his birthday suit. He was a sticky mess so I sat him out of sight of the other kids and told him to finish the doughnut. Then I washed him up and got some clothes back on him. I was frantically trying to bag up odds and ends clothes and figure out where to repack things so didn't really notice when JJ left for awhile. Then he returned with...yep...another doughnut. Big brother's stash is now...gone. When I asked him what he was doing he matter of factly responded "I hun gee, my tummy hurts!"
And in the last 30 minutes...
(screaming coming from outside - looking out the window at Grace running I assumed that she was not hurt and JJ was looking behind him while running so I assumed it was fear). " MOM! Buddy (the dog buddy, not our son;) almost got the bunny! He is going to EAT the bunny!" She was quite hysterical that the dog was chasing a rabbit...quite hysterical.
Grace: MOM! You said today that I didn't need a band aid unless blood was running down my leg (she scraped her knee falling off of the merry go round at the park) and now it is because we have to get rid of the sticks because JJ and Superman brought the sticks down and I tripped over them!!!!!
It is only 7. I wonder what the rest of the night will bring;) I am soooooo looking forward to my biography on Queen Victoria and I think I did enough "productivity" and stuck to "work before play" for myself to not feel guilty sitting down to read a book for fun lol!
No comments:
Post a Comment