Wednesday, October 26, 2011

JJ, Faith, and I join the ranks...

Since we are seeing such promising progress with Grace, we decided that we would have JJ, Faith, and I tested as well to try to get us on track.

Faith has a lot of congestion issues and we have had to have her on the nebulizer a lot due to wheezing and lung issues. She was on allergy shots which we have decided to discontinue at this time. There were some labs of hers that were much worse than Grace's. For example, her sugars are very high as well as her salts. The biochemist said that if she were a 50 y/o woman she may be concerned about heart attack. So, we are now working to minimize sugars and salts and significantly increase fluids. She is also have supplements that are to help her allergy congestion. We'll see how it goes!

JJ also needs many more fluids. We already knew that since he does not like to eat or drink. We are going to need to be creative about how to get the couple of supplements into him, in particular because he is low in several minerals. Overall we are attempting to help him with some digestive enzymes and similar things to want to eat more, digest his food better, and hopefully gain wait and be less congested. The biochemist said that many times people think they are lactose intolerant due to congestion from dairy products, but it is really a calcium deficiency. So, we are adding liquid calcium to his diet and switching him from goat's milk to raw milk.

And, myself. I initially felt quite guilty about spending the money to get tested before the rest of the kids were tested and maintaining. But in talking about it with my husband we decided that I need the energy and mental focus to be able to parent and implement these changes well so I should go ahead now and do it. I was surprised that the labs showed things that I thought I just needed to live with, such as peri menopausal symptoms I've dealt with for 11 years. So, in addition to the fact that I have low blood sugar just like JJ and Grace, labs about my concentration/focus were also poor (I knew that too lol!) I also have toxic levels of Magnesium - probably due to the multivitamin that I take (she does not agree with multi-vitamins anyway). So - I am off of my multi-vitamin. She also had some options for my chronic pain issues and to help the inflammation/pain from my herniated disk. We'll see how that progresses.

So, all of us get to do some changes together. Other than that we all have different needs and need different foods/supplements. I'll get a daily calendar together to make sure everyone is getting what they need when they need it, figure out how to make the teas and other drinks to help get in the minerals/vitamins that we need, and look forward to our re-tests in a month to see our progress! I, in particular, am looking forward to less pain and more energy and focus:) It is much less overwhelming this time around even though we are adding 3 diet changes compared to 1. Hopefully in a month or 2 we will get the other 4 in the family tested and...then be super healthy lol!

No comments: