Thursday, May 19, 2011

JJ and RSV

JJ has RSV. He has been sick since last Thursday with a fever and difficulty breathing. Monday he had lost 8.5 oz (since Friday) so he was hospitalized for 7 hours for IV fluids as he was refusing bottles, solids, and nursing. It is now Thursday and he has lost another 4 oz. He is nursing OK, not great. He is not eating solids or taking bottles. He is breathing better from the nebulizer treatments - so for that we are very thankful. We are praying and praying that he will get an appetite and eat. I am so glad that we went the route of nursing him since that is the only nutrition that he is getting that this point. Nursing was a tough decision (and not easy to accomplish), but was one for which we have received much blessing. With that said, it is not a topic that one usually openly discusses. I have been surprised at the numbers of people I have been able to encourage or educate about the topic...so I guess sharing "TMI" isn't always a bad thing:)

Thanks for your prayers that JJ would start to eat and gain weight:) God is good...all the time:)

No comments: